Saturday, December 11, 2010

FNSI December 10, 2010

So, I sewed.

But first, I washed several yards (maybe two or three dozen?) of cottons and cotton blends that our charity sewing circle had been given as a donation. This was in order to sew crib sheets for portable playpens for a local women's shelter. DD#2 helped with ironing. I cut out 14, and sewed 4 last night. Also, we are giving the same shelter warm, heavy blankets, most of which are made of wool. I made three of those. The fabric for these also came from the same donation.

Some of you knew about the sheets and blankets; I have mentioned them recently. But what I haven't mentioned yet is the source of the donated fabric. The donation was from a retired home ec teacher, who could no longer sew. We estimate that we received over 50 large trash bags of fabric from her! (Question: What does YOUR stash look like?)

You probably want to see pictures. Um...maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. Or on the off chance that I can get pictures taken tonight, I'll post them soon.

1 comment:

  1. I for one would LOVE to see 50 bags of fabric that was donated! Whoa! What a gift...and she must have spent a fortune on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...