Monday, November 9, 2009

Mini Quilt Monday: A lighthouse quilt

I saw this great idea on another quilter's blog, called Mini Quilt Monday, that she'd gotten from someone else. The idea is to create a small quilt in one day (namely Monday). So, with fabric in hand, I created a quilt for a friend which is about 41" or so square (small for me), with very little patchworking needed.

Here it is:

This is a simple quilt, with a really nice lighthouse fabric. I made this for a friend who loves lighthouses.

The quilt is basically one panel of the lighthouse fabric, with two borders. Doncha just love that inner striped border?

I needed to finish this quickly, so I tied it. Can you see the red thread (well, embroidery floss, really) in the lighthouse below? Hint: It is in the middle of the picture, and it towards the top of the lighthouse.
Here is the back of the quilt. I pieced it, so as to use up every piece of the fabric that I used on the front. No sense in saving it, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...