Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday State of the Stash Report 2/27/11

This past week, I went into my sewing area to try to restore some semblance of order. It is almost to the point where I am not extremely embarrassed to provide "before" photos. (I know some of you can relate.)


Well, in the process of consolidating fabrics into common areas, I was aghast at the sheer quantity of fabric I possess. I have known that I have a lot of fabric, but there is nothing like seeing a lot of it in one place to provide a major dose of reality. To say that I am a fabriholic is obviously an understatement. (And don't tell anyone, but I was thinking of going to the quarterly bolt sale this week! But the operative word here is, was.)

So, I began flinging (purging some of my fabric). I liquidated a bit of it in one of my Yahoo groups that is dedicated specifically to quilters being able to get rid of their excess, and to quilters who will buy other quilters' excess. (I still have one sale pending.) So, I can at least add a bit to my "out" yardage this week.

Feb 20 - Feb 26
In: 0 yds
Out: 31 yds

YTD
In: 2 yds
Out: 46
Net: -44 yds

So, one way or another, I am 44 yards of fabric "lighter" than I was at the beginning of the year. Purging that fabric was so freeing; I will have to continue to seriously take stock, and do more of that.

Am I alone? Tell me you have your own fabric issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...