Thursday, October 29, 2009

Long arm quilting machine rental: Picture This batik quilt

I recently spent a couple of days at the nearby quilt shop that allows you to rent time on their long arm quilting machine (I blogged about it earlier). It is SO addicting!


(I don't want to reveal too much of this quilt just yet, as I am in the process of binding it now!) This is the Picture This quilt for which I took a class back in May (I blogged about it earlier), and I was able to finish the squares in the alloted class time. I am just now getting it quilted. I'm hoping I don't take that long to get the binding on.

Because I added borders to this Picture This quilt, it went from about a twin size to being able to fit our king size bed! It therefore took a lot more to quilt it than I'd anticipated, but I was still able to get it done during the two hour session, and the girls even had time to do some experimental quilting of their own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...