Saturday, October 31, 2009

A new quilt! And a Blogaversary!

O my goodness! So much to celebrate!

I finished a new quilt, and I didn't even tell you about it while it was in progress! Here is my version of it; it's called High Light:









And here is the original version of it, as it appeared in the Fall 2008 issue of Quilts and More:


The two photos above are a closer picture of one block (19"--yes, they are huge!) and a bit more detail.


Above is the back; I am really liking pieced backings (amandajean does a TON of these over on her blog), so when I run out of larger pieces, I incorporate piecing into the backing of other fabrics, usually used on the front. Waste not, want not. I also quilted this at the same nearby quilt shop where I rented time on their long arm for some of my other quilts (I blogged about it earlier).

When I finished the quilt, I used Lisa's idea:

I made a pincushion with the scraps, using a pattern I found in this book:

Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts

And I have blogging about quilting for a year now! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...